This post is part of a series recapping — The CPO Series — 12 webinars in which successful CPOs share their unique insights and experiences on all aspects of CPO craft, from leading product org to working with the board to tips for CPOs to drive impact quickly.
Any CPO who starts a new role knows one thing: you have to be able to demonstrate your impact. And you have to do it quickly. Maybe you’re thinking: easier said than done, right? We heard some great insights from Aniket Gune, CPO of SmartAsset, on how product leaders drive visible results quickly. Here are 3 pro tips for CPOs to drive impact from Aniket to help you hit the ground running:
- Help each team and individual embrace their why and measure their what. By starting with detailed, measurable planning at an individual level, product leaders can more easily link individual contributions to the wider company roadmap and guarantee that all contributors are pulling the company forward.
- Optimize product operations to accelerate value. Now that everybody’s contributing to one portfolio roadmap, it’s all about tracking KPIs across teams. The KPIs that are not moving are the ones that need to be tweaked and optimized as soon as they miss.
- Identify bets and prioritize force multipliers. Tracking KPIs will also allow you to identify the initiatives that have the potential of producing a higher output – as Aniket puts it, the force multipliers. These are the efforts that you want to prioritize first to drive quick, meaningful impact.
If the above sounds hard to achieve in the next 90 days, it might be time to find a tool that helps you streamline your strategy and tracking. Something that today seems mission impossible can become a snap with Dragonboat. Dragonboat helps you start showing impact immediately by enabling you to:
- Plan like a Pro. Compare different roadmap scenarios to prioritize strategically and automate how you capture and manage feature requests.
- Connect every initiative to a goal. Prioritize your team’s objectives and prove how the different efforts are pulling the company forward.
- Measure, track, and take action. See how each effort is tracking against its KPI in real time, so you can course correct the stragglers and amplify the winners – your force multipliers – quickly.
If you want to find out how Dragonboat can fit your specific needs, book a personalized demo.