Dragonboat CEO, Becky Flint, recently hosted a discussion circle at the Plato Elevate Virtual event around how to plan, communicate, and deliver product roadmaps with limited information and resources. Spoiler alert – the secret is “taking the Responsive Portfolio approach”.
Here are the 5 key take aways:
- Invest in efforts to align execs on both goals and strategic themes upfront
- Allocate + Prioritize within goals and themes as a “low/ no fail” way to manage diverse stakeholders
- Enable 2-way context and accountability between business teams and tech teams
- Assess your product as a multi-dimensional portfolio
- Understand and pursuit your product S-curve
Check out the full recording here:
The full deck is here.
In many organizations there are often weak links between dynamic goals and autonomous/ agile execution – until we empower our product, program, and engineering managers to collaborate with executives, amongst each other and with cross functional teams to align, plan and deliver product roadmaps responsively, and holistically, even with limited information upfront, and resource constraints.