Chatmeter delivers data-driven, all-in-one reputation and local SEO management solutions designed to help multi-location brands optimize online visibility, reputation, and CX strategy at scale.
Since being the first Local Reputation platform in 2009, it now analyzes and improves over 1,900,000 storefronts for their reviews, rankings, listings, pages, and social media presence.
Connecting strategy, execution, & outcomes with simple visualization tools
After Chatmeter tried multiple tools and spreadsheets to manage their products, it became evident that its roadmapping process wasn’t working.
The simple roadmap visualization tools the team used were enough to help them visualize roadmaps and share updates with stakeholders, but couldn’t support their needs for:
- Connecting business goals, outcomes and product roadmaps
- Managing multiple product teams and offerings (without creating silos)
- Closing the loops amongst teams
- Planning resourcing and trade-offs
- Jira integration (1-way)
With Chatmeter’s engineering team using Jira for tracking development progress and product managers using another visualization tool to share updates with internal stakeholders, there was still not enough visibility into resource planning, delivery, and execution. Its various teams were spread across too many places.
Combining product roadmapping and portfolio management in one platform
Chatmeter made the switch from a simple pointed roadmap visualization tool to an all-in-one product roadmapping and portfolio management platform to drive outcomes, ultimately choosing Dragonboat as its single source of truth for product initiatives and singular tool for all teams.
The team evaluated several options from Jira and other Atlassian third-party tools, but they were either too complicated or had too much extra noise.
With Dragonboat, Chatmeter can now:
- Prioritize product features, manage their backlog, and visualize and share roadmaps with stakeholders in one place
- Align and manage product across multiple teams, and engage and plan cross functional roadmaps
- Manage resource allocation, what-if scenarios, and trade-offs
- Evaluate product success and adjust portfolio investments responsively to drive outcomes
An outcome-focused, collaborative culture with better alignment & visibility
Having the right tool in place makes all the difference for how a company collaborates and works together. For Chatmeter, Dragonboat enables them to build a culture of collaboration and provides visibility across the board.
How Chatmeter uses Dragonboat today for collaboration and visibility:
- Sharing a view of the portfolio with initiatives grouped by quarter (product managers can easily filter by their own product area to ensure goals are on track for the quarter)
- Creating a summary view with the product matrix that’s used for the internal product blog
- Annual high-level planning (to identify areas of focus) and quarterly planning (to dive into what to build)
- Assigning work to pods and tracking estimates from the engineering team
- Roadmap check-ins to see how sprints will affect the rest of the month and quarter
- Product backlog management to tackle additional prioritization, estimations, etc.
Product roadmapping together with portfolio management enables a product-centric company & culture
Roadmaps alone simply weren’t enough for Chatmeter’s product team to connect the dots between strategy and execution. The team needed a strategic decision tool that drives outcomes. The team needed product portfolio management.
With Dragonboat, Chatmeter can link all the moving pieces of building products in one collaborative tool and the team is empowered with an outcome-driven product workflow. Cheers to Chatmeter!
Chatmeter is a local SEO platform that helps enterprise retail brands and agencies managing multiple locations increase their revenue. Since being the first Local Reputation platform in 2009, it now analyzes and improves over 1,900,000 storefronts for their reviews, rankings, listings, pages, and social media presence.
Product Portfolio Management, strategic planning, resource management, source of truth for product initiatives, bi-directional Jira integration, cross-functional visibility, alignment
Product management, engineering