I recently hosted a discussion circle at the Plato Elevate 2020 Virtual event around how to plan, communicate, and deliver product roadmaps with limited information and resources. Spoiler alert – the secret is “taking the Responsive Portfolio approach”.
Here are the 5 key take aways:
- Invest in efforts to align execs on both goals and strategic themes upfront
- Allocate + Prioritize within goals and themes as a “low/ no fail” way to manage diverse stakeholders
- Enable 2-way context and accountability between business teams and tech teams
- Assess your product as a multi-dimensional portfolio
- Understand and pursuit your product S-curve
In many organizations there are often weak links between dynamic goals and autonomous/ agile execution – until we empower our product, program, and engineering managers to collaborate with executives, amongst each other and with cross functional teams to align, plan and deliver product roadmaps responsively, and holistically, even with limited information upfront, and resource constraints.
* * *
Need to build responsive products that delight customers, achieve business outcomes while progressing towards long-term product vision? Sign up for a free trial of Dragonboat – the All in One Responsive Portfolio Platform seamlessly integrated with Jira, Github, and Asana.